Just got a call from my boss who ripped me a new one - all b/c I responded to an e-mail she sent asking her not to tell anyone they will be placed on the wait list b/c they usually get their hopes up, and then get upset when I tell them they don't qualify for the program. If you are put on a wait list it is usually b/c you have met some minimum qualifications to be placed on the list in the first place - Right?
Anyway, she had said that if I cannot handle the stress of the job and if I don't feel like I can do the job that I should let her know so she can find someone who can - WELL, I can do the job, its a matter of am I willing to stress myself out for the job? The answer is a big fat NO! First of all, I desperately need help; an intern would be nice - just someone to do all the busy work so I can do all the major tasks. I need an assistance to file, pre-screening incoming requests/calls for assistance, monitor and track the wait list, schedule appointments, etc. B/c what I need to do is so time consuming, I rarely get to any of the previously listed tasks. . .
So I have taken the advice of loved ones and have began looking for another job. And w/any luck I should be out of here before I go absolutely crazy! So if anyone has any job recommendations for me, please send them my way. I would greatly appreciate the help.
My background:
I received my B.S. in Public Administration w/a minor in Criminal Justice from CSU, Dominguez Hills in 2006, went on to get my Masters in Behavioral Science - which they now call Negotiation, Conflict Resolution & Peace Building - from CSU, Dominguez Hills in 2008.
I currently work as an Administrative Analyst - HPRP Program Coordinator for the City of Inglewood
I previously worked for US VETS - Los Angeles as a Career Center Manager & Job Developer from 2006-2008
Before that I worked for The City of Inglewood as an Administrative Analyst - CDBG from 2004-2006
I can do anything really: from admin stuff, planning, budgeting, grant writing, contract management, admissions counseling sounds like something I could do . . .
I want to get into HR maybe (but I would rather not have to go back to school)
No comments:
Post a Comment