Monday, June 21, 2010

Seriously?!

Dear Lord,

Please give me the strength to get through this horrible day. I don’t think I have the patience to talk to any more uneducated, ignorant ass people. I cannot not repeat myself more than 10 times in a single conversation, I will not sit and let people cuss me out for more than 30 seconds before I hang up on them and if one more person walks into my office demanding that I help them, I’m going to slap them . . . Just saying.

I understand there are such cases that are to be considered an emergency, but when you’ve been out of work for over a year, and now you’re pregnant and can’t get a job – you should’ve called 9 months ago, or how about you not get pregnant in the first place considering you can’t afford your rent or bills – how can you expect to take care of a child?! This is the shit I deal w/on a daily basis.

And NO I cannot help you if you have been chronically homeless. If you have not had a place to live (house or apartment), in your own name, for at least a year, you are considered chronically homeless. That means your ass should clean up sometimes get a job and try to save some $. There are plenty of programs to help people get back to work with training, resume and job searching assistance. Try your local One-Stop or Worksource Center(s).

Or how about, you were injured on the job and can’t work b/c you have a workman’s comp. claim open, which, the first thing you should do is apply for disability right away even if you are collecting workman’s comp. b/c it will take at least 4-5 months to get approval for disability anyway. So now that you are out of work and need help, start looking for help. Don’t wait until you are being evicted to reach out for assistance. You know your ass has been getting AFDC and food stamps for years, but when asked why you didn’t get other help sooner, you said it was b/c “you didn’t want to take advantage of the system.: – Bullshit!

And when you come in and tell me that the only reason you got pregnant was to get more AFDC $, you’d better not expect me to assist you! If you would keep your legs closed and get an effin’ job, then maybe you wouldn’t need AFDC. Did you ever think about that? Huh?

Seriously people, I can’t understand why so many people are so stupid!
From what I’ve seen/heard so far at work, I have learned that homelessness is a symptom not a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment