Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yes, no, no, no, no, don't know - blah

Data entry - its my life, well since Feb. 2010.

HMIS - Homelss Management Information System

Every client I accept into my program, its been 58 so far, has to be entered into the HMIS quarterly. I try to keep up w/it, but somehow, I'm always a little behind. It may be b/c I'm constantly asnwering the phone, screening callers for eligibility, returning phone calls, leaving messages for those who are on the wait list, processing payments to landlords, making utility payments, contacting landlords for deeds and agreements, making sure current clients remember to make their portion of the rent payments, taking complaints from clients and landlords, etc. I wear multiple hats. And I do it all by myself! I seriously need some help.

So this morning has been dedicated to strictly data entry. I will not take any phone calls unless I recognize the number. It takes me about 30 min - 1 hr to enter one household into the system and when I'm all done I get to run a Grant to Date Report to make sure everything is correct. Fun stuff!

These people, the Los Angeles Homeless Services Agency (LAHSA) - or something like that, need to know everything:
- Are you currently homeless?
- Have you been chronically homeless?
- Are you a victim of domestic violence?
- Have you been diagnosed w/AIDS/HIV?
- Do you feel that you have any mental problems?
- Do you have any physical disability?
- Do you have an alcohol or drug abuse issue?
etc.

It gets so mundane afeter 50 or so clients. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment