I went to the doctor on June 28th b/c I had a sore throat and didn't want to get strep throat. I have a young child and those of you w/kids know exaclty what I'm talking about . . . (having sick kids in not fun!)
Anyhow, my doctor said nothing was wrong w/me! Is she CRAZY?! I felt like shit - my body was hurting (like a truck had run me over), my nose was running, my throat hurt and I just didn't feel well at all. But still somehow, nothing was wrong w/me . . . hmmm.
She suggested that I may have post nasal drip (whatever that is) and prescribed me some Nasonex or Flonase or something. Well when I went to fill the prescription, all the phrmacies in LKWD/LB were back ordered on that particular brand for 2 wks! So I was just going to have to suffer for another 2 wks? Yeah right!
Well, here I am 3 wks later, and yes, you've guessed it, STILL suffering :-( I am tired of waking up and having to spit a million times to clear my throat, I'm sick of coughing all damn day, and I hate sounding like a man! This is when I started my research (20 min. ago actually) on what this is that I may have. See below:
Post-nasal drip
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
Post-nasal drip
Post-nasal drip (PND) occurs when excessive mucus is produced by the sinuses. The excess mucus accumulates in the throat or back of the nose. It can be caused by rhinitis (allergic or non-allergic), sinusitis (acute or chronic), laryngopharyngeal acid reflux (with or without heartburn), or by a disorder of swallowing (such as an esophageal motility disorder). It is frequently caused by allergies, which may be seasonal or persistent through the year, depending on the allergen(s) involved. Birth control pills or pregnancy can also cause post-nasal drip because of the elevated levels of estrogen hormones.
Symptoms (Everything in Itallics is what I'm suffering from)
An individual may be diagnosed as suffering from post-nasal drip if they suffer from the following symptoms.
- Swallowing constantly
- Running nose due to mucus flow
- Spitting (mucus) constantly
- Tickling in the throat
- Constant clearing of throat
- Broken or cracking voice
- Mucus feeling in the back of the throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Congestion in the nasal and sinus passages
- Chronic sore throat
- Masses formed in the crypts of the tonsils that are generally yellow or white (commonly called tonsil stones, or tonsilloliths)
- Bad breath - man do I feel bad for my clients :-P
- Snorting to clear mucus from the sinuses that cannot otherwise be cleared by blowing one's nose
- Coughing
- Cobblestone appearance of the oropharyngeal mucosa
Needless to say, this sucks!!!! I need a remedy and I need one yesterday. I don't think I have allergies, but from what I've recently read, It may also be casued by birth control. I'm thinking maybe I should change the kind I use . . . We'll see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment