Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sucky, sucky day

Not sucky, as in sucking face. Sorry guys!

But seriously a really bad day and well, sucky is the only way to describe it really. First off, I woke up late b/c I was up coughing my lungs out most of the night and nothing seemed to help. I even went to sleep on the couch so I wouldn't wake up the baby - Uncomfortable!

Then, its drizzling and you know people don't know how to drive when the roads are wet, so there were 3 accidents on the way to work and of course, everyone HAD to look. Ugh! So frustrating. I was a little late for work. Not really though b/c I don't have to be in until 8:30, but I usually get there around 8 or 8:15 every day. I think I was there at 8:32 this morning - which is late according to my standards.

Next, around 10 am I was evacuated b/c of a bomb threat in the building. Only the first 2 floors had to evacuated, it was voluntary for everyone else. The manager on the 5th floor mad us all evacuate just to be safe. He's good about things like that - so I thought, until he decided to make us all go back to work around noonish even though the building hadn't been cleared yet . . . SO - in a case of a bomb threat - real or not - shouldn't the whole building be evacuated and tapped off just in case? I'm just saying. B/c if the bomb were to explode and the first 2 floors were to collapse, the floors above would each fall 2 stories and basically everyone would be dead or seriously injured from the 3rd floor up. It amazes me that some employees didn't even know there was a bomb threat today! I'm glad I evacuated, I have a husband and a daughter to go home to. I'm sure everyone else would have liked to have been informed of the threat and should have been able to determine for themselves if they wanted to evacuate or not. But to not have known? - who is in charge here?! Huh? That's nonsense!

Anyhow, after the building was cleared and determined safe, we went back to work, starving and cold, but still alive. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment