Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Drive Home

I'm driving home from work and of course the freeway is at a standstill (I don't even have to hit the gas pedal - that's how slow we're going) so I take the streets. As I'm driving through the ghetto, I see people leaving their houses in nice cars, like newer models. Funny thing is, they live in the GHETTO! Its ironic to me that they are happy w/where their lives have taken them. Satisfied to be living in the ghetto, pretending they're "ballers" w/their nice cars. I mean the 2010 Tahoes, Lexuses and Beamers. Seriously!

Maybe its just me and I aim for more in life. I was lucky enough to have been taught well . . . of course that is my opinion. My mother taught me the value of a hard earned dollar and that cupons are wonderful. I've worked since I was 15.5 yrs old and was able to save enough to pay off my Civic and buy a Mercedes when I graduated from college. It wasn't a new one of course, but it was my new little sports car. I loved it and was proud to have been able to afford it all on my own!

Back to my point, I worked hard for what I have and it makes me laugh to see these people leaving their ghetto little houses that they are probably renting in their nice new cars. And I'm sure I'm just sterotyping, but it bothers me. . . I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment