Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Birthday mayhem


So to day is our little girl's 1st birthday and to make it special I tried to let her sleep in until the last possible minute. Unfortunately, living at grandma's makes that impossible! Like every morning, grandma stormed in (nothing she does is ever quiet) and began singing Happy Birthday and kissing her. But, to her surprise, Ava was knocked out and didn't even move! Ha!

After I'm finished getting ready for work grandma comes back and just picks Ava up. Talk about rude awakening . . . Ava looked so scared, like she had no idea where she was or what was going on. Poor thing. I tried to take her and change her, but she started crying hysterically and nothing would soothe her. I felt so bad!

Finally we got her dressed and grandma took her to eat and put her shoes on and all I hear is my baby screaming, to the point where she went quiet for a few seconds b/c nothing could come out, like when you want to scream, but can't b/c there is no air. Yeah, horrible feeling for a mommy. I run out there and Ava is fighting to not be put in her high chair. She just wasn't having it!

It is now time for us to leave and my mom takes her to the car to strap her in her seat. She calm and babbling, but she has my car keys. "Really mom, now she's just going to scream when you take them b/c I have to go!" And of course, like clockwork, mom takes the keys and Ava is crying yet again . . . the whole 5 min. drive to her other grandma's house I can't think or hear the radio. Its not the way to start the morning, seriously.

We get to grandma's and grandpa is waiting on the porch for us and as I'm walking up the walkway to the door, my heel gets stuck between the walkway and the grass' edge and down I go w/Ava in my arms. The look on grandpa's face was one of pure horror. He almost had a heart attack! I landed on my knee and Ava had no idea what was going on, but it shocked her out of crying :-)

Needless to say, my birthday girl's 1st birthday morning wasn't at all how I had wanted it go for Ava nor myself. Hopefully I can make it up to her later when I get home. My poor baby girl.

some descriptive text

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday baby girl! I'm sure the day will get better, if not.....at least she's only one and she won't remember. :)

    ReplyDelete