Monday, August 30, 2010

Public Restrooms

I'm NOT a fan of public restrooms, as many of you aren't either, but seriously, my dislike for them stems from something more than just germs.

I think it all started when I was younger and would go to work w/my mom. I hated going to the restroom alone at her office b/c the toilet always flushed SOOO loud! It would scare me. Plus, the lights were never on and the one small window never let in enough light to see well - so I was scared. I would jump every time the toilet flushed knowing that as soon as I pushed the lever down, it would flush, but still I would jump.

Now I'm scared b/c of a different reason, well still stemming from the first reason, but to add to the madness - a few months ago I watched a stupid movie called "Rest Stop" about a girl who pulls off the road to use the restroom at the rest stop. So while she's in the restroom, she hears someone crying. She finds out its coming from the utility closet or storage closet and tried to get her out, but its locked - surprise, surprise. So she runs to get help b/c she sees blood leaking out from underneath the door. She finds a forest ranger or something like that and he offers to help her. All of a sudden this guy in a truck comes and begins tormenting the 2 in the restroom. HE locks them in, shoots at them, lights the building on fire, etc. He's trying to kill them!

Anyway, turns out that the girl locked in the closet was a ghost or something and the guy would kill anyone who stopped to use that particular rest stop. Gross! So now I'm scared to use any public restroom alone especially if I'm the only one in there! I usually take a friend w/me, yes girls go in pairs for safety reasons usually, or just to gossip.
It has gotten to the point now where I won't go into the restroom at work unless I hear someone else in there too. I am so scared I will start to hear noises or someone crying for help . . . I know I'm a retard, but I seriously can't get that stupid movie out of my head!

2 comments:

  1. that movie was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness!!!!! it traumatized me too!!!! i guess i'm lucky i always have taylor. WE always travel together.... ugh! horrible HORRIBLE movie!!!! they should not be able to make stuff like that!!!! another movie to avoid, "when a stranger calls" or "when a stranger calls back" UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or you can always call jimmy when you go into the bathroom!!! hahaha, not entirely sure how he'd feel about that, but i'd totally do it. hahahaha. i'm sorry you got so scared. it is an AWFUL movie!

    ReplyDelete